So i found you
found the way all through..

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Impromptus

After being in touch on and off, me losing interest as usual. He kept texting with a Hi every time, he'd be here in Cal. The usual happened today morning at 2:30, and as usual he thought I wouldn't reply, but I did, because my manager was irritating me and I was shit bored, and we planned to meet on Wednesday.

He asked me what I was up to, I said I'd be getting off from work in about half an hour or so, and then he was silent. After which he came up with the craziest idea of meeting at 4/5am for breakfast, right then. He thought I'd ditch, I would have, but I went anyway, and on meeting him, I made it clear to him that I met him ONLY because he came up with the craziest idea, something I'd come up with, but of course I never have the company. :|

Anyway, so Kundu and Debb looked for cab at 4:30am told me to enjoy myself and I left. We planned to meet in Azad hind (I can't help it, this is Calcutta, nothing opens before eight, not even Barista) and for the first time at 5am, it was closed. We walked for quite a while, talking about comics, movies, people, Law, craziest ideas, etc, reached Maddox square took a right, reached Basement,(told me a couple of things about Basement which of course I did not know, I told him the place sucked) took another left, he showed me the place he used to go for his Math tuition, and took me to this Ajanta Dhaba for tea and smokes (Chai Sutta), and I have to say this, but the tea was out of this bloody world, and this is coming from someone who loves Coffee more than anything, he made me listen to some crazy shit which I took from his phone via Bluetooth, jabbered away to glory, told me a lot about Bombay.

He said if I were planning to stay in Bombay for only two days, it's better we are in "town." Places like Colaba, Marine drive, Nariman point, anything beyond Churchgate, asked me to visit Leopold cafe (I said I read up already) and Cafe M (I forget the name), and asked me to do a lot of street shopping, apparently you get the weirdest stuff there. Told me about this place in Calcutta, called Plush, I think, where on Wednesdays you pay 1k and you can booze all you want, asked him to find out a couple of things about that place. And right now, as I was looking him up, I just found out, who his brother was. :| Bloody Calcutta, and it was the first time I met him today, after 4/5 years of knowing him. But, it's been a great day and tomorrow my manager is taking the entire team out for dinner. :) :) :)

Okay, I still don't like RHS, he has changed. :| Can't be helped, shit happens.

No comments: