So i found you
found the way all through..

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Hands sliding
On the steering wheel
Can't seem to get a grip
Those sweaty palms
Nothing in that book could advise me
Not even in the book of Psalms

21 years from the date of my birth
My personal Easter, a resurrection
Given life again
After a close-call
A brush with death
I could feel it breathing down my neck
But I chose to steer away
From an unknown course that scared me
I couldn't look Death in the eyes

I thought I had seen the light
But it was only the four lanes of
Car headlights beaming my way at night
What should have been a disaster
Ended in a silent stand still
It could have been much worse

Driving away from the scene
The scene that became a show
For onlookers watching the maneuverings
Of a man who had lost control
Driving away in silence with
No scratches, just tire-rubber
On the interstate's pavement
Surfaced
Getting away somehow
And wondering minutes later
If the soon-to-be passing of lives
Really transpired
Did that all, just really happen?

Intuition made the choice here
Questioning if his guidance
Either helped me
Or hindered me
Maybe neither
But it forced me to make the choice
The decision was to use my intuition
Steering clear from death's door

No comments: