So i found you
found the way all through..

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

The Past, Present, and Future Shadows

No real explanation, its just a thought on my past, present, and future. The first stanza, obviously, is about the past and an experience when I was sick with food poisoning to the point where I was very delirious and I saw these shadow moving across the walls, like some sort of ghosts to take me away. Everything else stems from that experience, which was one of the most frightening things I've ever been through

Every walk ended with a fall
As dark shadows danced along the wall
I layed in my bed, head in a twist
I clutched at the sheets with a fist
Sickness was in my blood
My vision clear as mud
I cried out at mere air
For I did not dare
Meet the shadows face to face
Again in my bed
The air surrounding is dead
The sheets twist around
No comfort I have found
Now I whimper, no cry
And still the shadows fly
Into my mind they scream
I wish it was all a dream
As the shadows plead their case
And in days far along
There will be an end to this song
When the shadows return
They will receive no spurn
My eyes will see with a glaze
And they will remove that haze
Finally everything will be clear
I will not fear
The shadows will tell me how I finished the race

No comments: